A Complete Guide to Install SSL certificate on Remote Desktop Gateway Server
Remote Desktop Gateway server enables remote users to connect with resources of the internal or private network via any web connected device. RD Gateway uses RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) to enable secure connection (HTTPS) between remote users and internal network. There is no need to configure VPS to enable secure communication with HTTPS. In this short piece of information, we will go through SSL installation process on RD Gateway server.
Install SSL on RD Gateway Server:
- Click on Start >> Administrative tools >> Remote Desktop Services >> Remote Desktop Gateway Manager
- Under Remote Desktop Gateway Manager Console tree, Right click on RD Gateway server and select Properties.
- In Properties box, click on SSL certificate tab, click on “Import a certificate on the RD Gateway Certificates (local computer)/personal store” where RD server name refers to the computer name.
- Click on “Browse and import certificate”
- Under Open dialog box, click certificate and click “Open”
- In the dialog box “Enter Private Key Password” and in the “Private Key password” box, provide the password and click OK.
- Click on Import certificate dialog box.
- Click OK and close the Properties tab.
Note: For first-time certificate mapping, you can verify it by looking into Remote Desktop Gateway Manager >> RD Gateway Server Status area. Under Configuration Status and Configuration Tasks, you can see a message “server certificate is not installed and the View or modify certificate properties hyperlink are no longer displayed”.
It is necessary to check that the certificate is installed correctly or not as well details of the certificate. You can use SSL installation checker for diagnosis SSL troubleshoots and get certificate details.