Cheap Code Signing Certificates
- Price: Low To High
- Price: High To Low
Buy Code Signing Certificates to Protect Your Software & Apps
Why do I need Code Signing Certificate?
Operating systems like Microsoft, Apple, Android stop users from installing unknown and compromised software to protect their data. Prior to installing the application or software, the client OS always checks for the software publisher’s information. If the software is not signed by a legit publisher, the OS will report UNKNOWN PUBLISHER error and the user will stop installing the software. OS publishers regularly update security definitions to catch and eliminate suspicious and compromised applications.
Who provides Code Signing Certificates?
The reputed CAs like Comodo, Sectigo, Symantec, Thawte, Entrust, and DigiCert are authorized by the CA/B forum and Operating System Council. The CA checks the publisher’s identity, authenticity, business process, etc. prior to issuing the certificate. The OS will check the certificate validity prior to installing the application on the device with the CA time-stamp server. We’re an authorized reseller for all known CAs and offer the discount price code signing certificate.
How to remove Unknown Publisher error from software?
You need a code signing certificate to remove the Unknown Publisher error.
Code Singin Certificates are used to stamp and sign the software, code, executable, documents, etc. with publisher’s information. Applications signed with a Code Signing Certificate will display Publisher’s identity on the installation first screen.
Does the Code Sign Certificate remove code infection?
No, the code signing certificates don’t scan or remove code infection. The publisher is solely responsible for compromised code. Some advertisers shout out the codesign certificate is a software scanner. No, it is not a scanner. Codesign cert is a signed certificate by trust CA to add the publisher’s signature into the application.
Code Signing Certificates – compare & buy
|Product Name||Comodo Code Signing Certificate||Comodo EV Code Signing Certificate||DigiCert Code Signing Certificate|
|RSA Key||3072-bit or 4096-bit||3072-bit or 4096-bit||3072-bit or 4096-bit|
|Issuance Time||1-3 Business Days||1-5 Business Days||1-3 Business Days|
|Validation Type||Organization Validation||Extended Validation||Organization Validation|
|Displays Verified Publisher Name|
|Instant SmartScreen Reputation|
|Physical USB Token (2FA)|
|Individual Developer Eligibility|
|Microsoft Authenticode Signing|
|Windows 8 &10 Signing|
|Windows Vista X64 kernel Mode Signing|
|Microsoft Office VBA Signing|
|Apple OS X Signing|
|Adobe AIR Signing|
|Microsoft Office 365 Signing|
|Windows Phone Apps Signing|
|Brew Code Signing|
|Microsoft Office Document Security|
|Refund Policy||30 Days 100% money back||30 Days 100% money back||30 Days 100% money back|
Why You Need Cheap Code Signing Certificate?
Users encounter an “Unknown Publisher” error on the first screen while installing the application or software.
Sing your application with a trusted Code Signing Certificate to display the publisher’s information to gain users’ trust.
Signed apps and software will pass security checks by Operating System. Your app will get more downloads and installs.
Multi-Purpose Code Signing Certificates
9 and later
Benefits of Code Signing Certificates
When the code is signed with digital signature, the users will get assurance that they are downloading authenticate software.
Users will feel protected as software code is digitally signed and time stamped with company’s name. No place for illegal software code.
Showcase your business name as verified publisher during downloads as customers want a simple installation of software or apps.
Improve User Trust
Users will feel safe while downloading your legitimate software so the trust level of users will automatically increase.
By authenticating your software, users will put trust on your software which will result in high download ratio and revenue.
Supported File Formats
Code Signing Certificate protects .exe, .ocx, .dll, .msi, .jar file (for updated Java version) formats in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
30 Days Money Back Guarantee
If you dislike the product, you can return the product within 30-days from the purchase date of a product and get money back.
24/7 Expert Support
If you have any query regarding the certificate, our experts are available 24/7/365 to provide complete security solutions.
Code Signing Best Practices
Restrict access controls of code signing keys and limit the distributions. Authorize only trained employees to access code signing keys.
You should keep the HSM devices or USB tokens in secured and locked premises. Share physical access to authorized people only. Additionally, you can maintain logs to track the access history. Store the private keys and certificate keys on different hardware devices.
Strong Password Policy
Code Signing process requires access to Private key and Certificate key. The private key access requires a password. You can follow complex password practices and limit access to the designated people in your production.
Don’t distribute the PFX on the network
Many developers need a codesigning certificate in pfx format. Each pfx file can be generated with different passwords. You can control the pfx file distribution based on the unique password added pfx file for each developer.
Testing Vs Release version
We recommend acquiring two different codesigning certs and using them separately for testing and releasing versions. This is the best practice to control human errors. In each organization, the final release of the application is controlled by limited people. If you apply the testing vs release version policy, you can limit access to the release version certificate.
Scan Code for Virus and tampering
The code Signing process does not guarantee the code is infected or tampered with. The code signing will just embed the publisher’s signature into the application. The application publisher is solely responsible for the legitimacy of the application. Before signing and publishing the app, make sure your code is not tampered and does not contain any malicious code.
How Code Signing Works?
How does the Signing process work in Standard Code signing?
The code Signing certificate is used to sign executables, drivers, scripts, applications, macros, plug-ins with a robust digital signature. Code Sign Certificate verifies a publisher’s identity and ensures users are dealing with the authenticated software. Code Sign certificate is backed by a timestamp that does not let the code expire even if the certificate is expired. Therefore, users will not get any warning due to timestamping and can download software.
The process of Code Signing certificate is as below:
- A digital signature is added to the code/content with a private key associated with the code signing certificate. A hash is also created when a digital signature is added, matched when a user downloads a code.
- Upon downloading software code, the public key on the user’s system is used to decode the signature.
- While downloading the code, the system looks for a root certificate tied with an identity to authenticate the signature.
- A user’s system compares both the hashes: one has used to sign an application and the other hash while downloading an application.
- If both hashes match, the code is Authenticated, and the download begins; otherwise, it will show an “Unknown Publisher” warning. A pesky warning reduces the download ratio of software, driver, application. A valid software code removes unwanted warnings with a code signing certificate.
How does the Signing process work in EV Code signing?
The EV Code Signing certificate immediately establishes a publisher’s reputation with the Microsoft SmartScreen Application Reputation filter, increasing users’ trust and confidence. Extended Validation Code signing certificate brings the highest validation by confirming an organization’s registration details. A real identity augments download rates, and there will be no space for an “Unwanted Publisher” warning. The process of EV Code Signing certificate is as follows:
- Once the software is created, it is ready for hashing and confirms that it has not been tampered with. If the downloading software does not reveal the correct hash, the software code has been tampered with.
- It means both hashes created at the time of signing code and downloading software files should be matched. Else, it will give an ‘Unknown Publisher’ warning.
- Once the hashing is done, it is time to digitally sign and timestamp the code with a private key stored on an external hardware token. A digital signature authenticates the publisher, and browsers could easily know its name and trustworthiness.
- After hashing, signing, and timestamping the software, it is distributed publicly for download. Both hashes should be matched during downloading. Once both hashes match, users can download software. Browsers easily know the publisher’s name and decide whether to trust the code or not.
How Standard Code signing and EV Code Signing Verifies Code Integrity?
Code Signing certificates can be verified with tools offered sometimes by certificate authorities. However, you can verify the code on Windows and Microsoft SDK, which we have explained below:
- You need to right-click the apk file.
- Browse to the Properties section.
- Select the Digital Signatures tab.
- Here, you will see the signer’s name, used algorithm, timestamping with the mentioned date.
Verify Code Sign through Microsoft SDK
In Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4, Microsoft SDK is a utility tool to verify the signature. The process to authenticate the signed code is as below:
- SignTool verify MyControl.exe (For testing a signed apk)
- SignTool verify /v MyControl.exe (To get a signer of the certificate)
Code Signing Certificate FAQs
What is Code Signing Certificate?
Why are Code signing certificates required?
- Code Signing certificate ensures that code is from the original publisher. It removes the ‘Unknown publisher’ warning and offers a smooth user experience.
- Code Signing cert assures users that code has not been modified since it is signed and is safe to download. If the code is modified or tampered with, it will show a warning to users.
- Code Sign certificate verifies and establishes a publisher’s reputation and helps to increase the downloads of software.
- In an EV Code Signing cert, a private key is stored on HSM that saves it from cyber thieves.
Are there different types of Code Signing Certificates?
What is the difference between OV and EV code signing certificate?
It does show a smart screen popup while installation, which asks you to confirm if you want to proceed further but will not be a warning. The software reputation will be built organically as the files/software downloads increases.
EV code signing certificate – It does not show any popup. EV code signing cert offers an immediate acknowledgement with Microsoft SmartScreen reputation scanner. So, it’s a guarantee that users won’t see an unknown publisher warning message “The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?” if the software is signed with EV Code Signing Certificate. It includes a USB token that is sent to you by CA. So, you will need a certificate and USB token to bind the code.
What will be the key length and hashing algorithms in OV Code signing certificate?
What will be the key length and hashing algorithms in EV Code signing certificate?
Is Code signing certificate can be issued for Individuals?
What is required to complete the Validation process to get Code signing certificate?
- CA will need to verify your legal (for organization Authentication), physical address and phone verification.
- Government-issued photo ID of the requestor.
- They will complete the callback verification once the above details are verified.
- Review your documents for final approval.
- Once all processes get completed successfully, the certificate gets issued.