Cheap Code Signing Certificates
Benefits of Code Signing Certificates
Buy Code Signing Certificates to Protect Your Software & Apps
The code Signing certificate is essential to the integrity of software distribution. A digitally signed certificate is a perfect security solution for application developers and software publishers to add digital signatures into their downloadable executables and scripts. In addition, it confirms that the applets, plug-ins, macros, and other executable files come from a reliable publisher.
These certificates eliminate “unknown” publisher warnings and build trust as a verified entity. As a result, you will experience massive improvement in software downloads and users’ adoption rates. It will help to extend your market reach and boost your business returns.
- Verifies Publisher Identity
- Supports to All Major Platforms
- Removes Unknown Publisher Warnings
- Boosts Downloads & Installs
- Improves Publisher’s Reputation
- Instant SmartScreen Reputation w/ EV Option
- 2FA using Secure Token w/ EV Option
Why You Need Cheap Code Signing Certificate?
Users will face unknown publisher warnings while downloading software; as a result, they will start to distrust your software soon.
Code Signing Certificates verify the author’s identity and assures that the code is not modified since it is signed.
Developers can save their software from unwanted modifications; as a result, there will be a rise in downloads.
A Single Code Signing Certificate for All Platforms
9 and later
Code Signing Products Details
How Code Signing Works?
How does the Signing process work in Standard Code signing?
The code Signing certificate is used to sign executables, drivers, scripts, applications, macros, plug-ins with a robust digital signature. Code Sign Certificate verifies a publisher’s identity and ensures users are dealing with the authenticated software. Code Sign certificate is backed by a timestamp that does not let the code expire even if the certificate is expired. Therefore, users will not get any warning due to timestamping and can download software.
The process of Code Signing certificate is as below:
- A digital signature is added to the code/content with a private key associated with the code signing certificate. A hash is also created when a digital signature is added, matched when a user downloads a code.
- Upon downloading software code, the public key on the user’s system is used to decode the signature.
- While downloading the code, the system looks for a root certificate tied with an identity to authenticate the signature.
- A user’s system compares both the hashes: one has used to sign an application and the other hash while downloading an application.
- If both hashes match, the code is Authenticated, and the download begins; otherwise, it will show an “Unknown Publisher” warning. A pesky warning reduces the download ratio of software, driver, application. A valid software code removes unwanted warnings with a code signing certificate.
How does the Signing process work in EV Code signing?
The EV Code Signing certificate immediately establishes a publisher’s reputation with the Microsoft SmartScreen Application Reputation filter, increasing users’ trust and confidence. Extended Validation Code signing certificate brings the highest validation by confirming an organization’s registration details. A real identity augments download rates, and there will be no space for an “Unwanted Publisher” warning. The process of EV Code Signing certificate is as follows:
- Once the software is created, it is ready for hashing and confirms that it has not been tampered with. If the downloading software does not reveal the correct hash, the software code has been tampered with.
- It means both hashes created at the time of signing code and downloading software files should be matched. Else, it will give an ‘Unknown Publisher’ warning.
- Once the hashing is done, it is time to digitally sign and timestamp the code with a private key stored on an external hardware token. A digital signature authenticates the publisher, and browsers could easily know its name and trustworthiness.
- After hashing, signing, and timestamping the software, it is distributed publicly for download. Both hashes should be matched during downloading. Once both hashes match, users can download software. Browsers easily know the publisher’s name and decide whether to trust the code or not.
How Standard Code signing and EV Code Signing Verifies Code Integrity?
Code Signing certificates can be verified with tools offered sometimes by certificate authorities. However, you can verify the code on Windows and Microsoft SDK, which we have explained below:
- You need to right-click the apk file.
- Browse to the Properties section.
- Select the Digital Signatures tab.
- Here, you will see the signer’s name, used algorithm, timestamping with the mentioned date.
Verify Code Sign through Microsoft SDK
In Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4, Microsoft SDK is a utility tool to verify the signature. The process to authenticate the signed code is as below:
- SignTool verify MyControl.exe (For testing a signed apk)
- SignTool verify /v MyControl.exe (To get a signer of the certificate)