Cheap Wildcard SSL for Unlimited Subdomains and Servers
Wildcard SSL Certificate saves your time and money from managing separate SSL certificates for each sub-domain; our cheap Wildcard SSL certificates can secure your fully qualified domain name and its sub-domains. When ordering a Cheap SSL Wildcard certificate, you should add an asterisk (*) before the common name. It is enabled with unlimited server licenses so that you can share the same wildcard SSL certificate on multiple servers.
How Wildcard SSL Certificate Works?
The below example shows that if you request Wildcard SSL for *.yoursite.com, you can secure unlimited sub-domains under single protection; Like:
Benefits of Wildcard SSL certificates
- Centralized Administration: You will have to manage multiple SSL certificates by purchasing a separate SSL for every sub-domain. All certs may expire on different dates, and you can’t track them with ease. When you buy a single wildcard SSL, it will cover all sub-domains under one roof. Just keep track of one SSL certificate and get rid of multiple SSL management.
- Reduce Management Cost: SSL installation process life cycle involves multiple steps like purchasing, SSL configuration, authentication, and installation. Account teams take care of purchases, and they spend more time on multiple purchases. The technical team takes care of SSL configuration and installation. An expert network administrator may need a minimum of 20 minutes for a single SSL step. For, say, installing separate SSL on ten sub-domains, he will have to spend around 200 minutes. On the other hand, installing a wildcard SSL certificate will require just 20 minutes, and all ten sub-domains will be secured with SSL.
- Cost Saving: Separate SSL will cost you at least $10, so when you purchase a separate certificate, you will be paying $100 to secure ten sub-domains. As a wildcard SSL certificate is available at the cheapest price – just $34.00, you can save around 58%. In addition, you can configure the same wildcard SSL on multiple hosting servers with NO extra cost. Moreover, you can also add unlimited sub-domains to secure under a single wildcard SSL certificate.
- Ease SSL Renewal: All SSL certificates will expire someday, and you will require renewing them again to keep using them. SSL renewal process is identical to a new purchase where you will have to follow the same steps again. Separate SSL renewal will take more time to install and will cost more money. At the same time, renewing a single wildcard SSL with less price, time and management will keep all sub-domains secure.
What is wildcard SSL certificate?
Wildcard SSL is a cost saving digital certificate that can secure the main domain and its same level of subdomains. Wildcard adds an asterisk (*) before the main domain, whereas regular SSL is assigned to a specific domain name.
How do wildcard SSL certificates work?
When an SSL applicant wishes to go with a wildcard certificate, he intends to secure the main domain like *.domain.com and its same level subdomains as sub1.domain.com, sub2.domain.com, etc. Thus, a wildcard SSL can secure as many subdomains as possible with a primary domain.
How much does a wildcard SSL certificate cost?
Wildcard certificate starts at $34.00/yr. and you can buy different brands of wildcard certificates at the cheapest prices from us.
What are the advantages of a wildcard SSL certificate?
Wildcard certificate comes with many advantages that make it stand alone than other certificates. Few benefits are:
- Easy certificate management
- Cheapest price
- Unlimited subdomains security
- Multiple server flexibility
Why would you deploy a wildcard certificate?
If you have multiple subdomains and wish to find a single solution, then a wildcard certificate is a great choice. A single asterisk with a dot can secure unlimited subdomains, and you do not need to purchase a separate SSL certificate for an individual subdomain. For example, *.mydomain.com can secure the first level of subdomains like sub1.mydomain.com, sub2.mydomain.com, sub3.mydomain.com.
Can a wildcard SSL certificate secure a second-level sub-domain?
To secure a second-level subdomain, you need to go with a multi domain wildcard to secure multiple wildcard domains under a single certificate. You can add an asterisk before the second-level subdomain and secure it along with its subdomains also.
What if I want to switch my server in future?
You can install a wildcard certificate on multiple servers. You can reissue the current certificate and install it on the desired server easily.
What does a wildcard SSL cover?
This certificate covers all the same level subdomains of a primary domain.
How do I know if my SSL certificate is wildcard?
You can check your certificate by entering the domain name on SSL checker. . Else, you can check in different browsers by clicking on a padlock >> Certificate option.
Who is the cheapest wildcard SSL provider?
We at SSL2BUY are authorized reseller of many brands (like AlphaSSL, GlobalSign, RapidSSL, Comodo, GeoTrust, Thawte and Symantec) and always try to bring down the surplus margin on each SSL product by offering a great discount.
If you look around, you will hardly find such competitive prices except for SSL2BUY. Comparing to other providers, SSL2BUY stands alone as the cheapest wildcard SSL certificate provider in the SSL industry.
How do I get a wildcard SSL certificate?
You can get the cheapest wildcard cert from SSL2BUY. The price for wildcard cert starts at just $34.00/yr. and can get different brands’ wildcard certificates easily on a single platform.
Where can I buy wildcard SSL certificates?
SSL2BUY is the best place to buy wildcard certificates at a cheap price. The reasons to purchase from us are different brands, amazing product features, lowest price in the market that brings a smile to every SSL seeker.
How can I generate CSR for my wildcard domain? What domain name I should use to generate the CSR?
CSR (certificate signing request) should be created from the server you wish to install a wildcard SSL certificate. You should create a CSR key for common name *.yourexampledomain.com. If your domain name is www.example.com, create a CSR key for *.example.com. An asterisk (*) is required in the domain name, and the key size must be 2048-bits.
Why SSL2BUY offers cheap wildcard SSL certificates?
We’re authorized resellers of different leading SSL CAs and tie-up with high volume contracts. Selling out the huge volume of certificates to end customers daily make our base cost low. We keep a small profit on all SSL products to offer our customers the best possible cheapest price. We regularly announce discount offers on all different types of wildcard certificates we sell.
Our cheap wildcard SSL certificate does not negotiate or compromise SSL security. All wildcard certificates you purchase from us are 100% the same as on the CA website. You purchase from us, other competitors or direct CA, your certificate will be issued only by Certificate Authority.
What are the benefits to purchasing wildcard certificates for multiple years?
You will get a heavy discount on multiple year purchases as compared to a single year price.
SSL certificate requires configuration and set up every time, no matters – renewal or new purchase. And the process will require additional efforts. So if you’re sure about long-term usage, buy it for maximum years and get rid of every year renewals and installation process and avail the cheapest price in the market.
Can I use the same wildcard certificate for different IP addresses and physical servers?
Yes, you can apply the same certificate on multiple servers and different IP addresses if they belong to the same level subdomains of the main domain for which you have requested a wildcard certificate. You may export SSL from one server and import it on other servers.
What domain names I can secure in wildcard certificate?
Wildcard certificates are designed to secure unlimited sub-domains, no limit. Please note that this certificate is not multi-domain SSL; it can only secure all the same level sub-domains for the root domain. Therefore, you cannot secure multiple domains with a wildcard certificate.
What domain name or common name I should use for the wildcard CSR key?
You should create a CSR key for common name *.yourexampledomain.com. If your domain name is www.example.com, create a CSR key for *.example.com. An asterisk (*) is required in the domain name, and the key size must be 2048-bits.
If I change hosting provider or server, do I lose my wildcard certificate?
No, you will never lose your certificate. We offer SSL reissue and rekey at free cost for unlimited time. Login to your account > start support ticket > send us a new server CSR key. We will reissue SSL and send the new certificate.
Does Wildcard SSL work for exchange servers?
Microsoft and technology specialists recommend using UCC certificates for Exchange servers. But wildcard certificates will work for some versions of exchange servers.
What types of wildcard certificates can I purchase?
You can purchase single and multi-domain wildcard certificates as per your business requirements.