Wildcard SSL for Unlimited Subdomains and Servers
Wildcard SSL Certificate saves your time and money from managing separate SSL certificate for each sub-domain, our cheap Wildcard SSL certificates can secure your fully qualified domain name and its all sub-domains. When order a Wildcard SSL certificate, You should add an asterisk (*) before the common name. It is enabled with unlimited server licenses, so you can share same wildcard SSL certificate on multiple servers.
How Wildcard SSL Certificate Works?
Below example shows that if you request Wildcard SSL for *.yoursite.com, you can secure unlimited sub-domains under a single protection; Like:
Benefits of Wildcard SSL certificates
- Centralized Administration: Purchasing a separate SSL for every sub-domain, you will have to manage multiple SSL certificates. All certs may expire on different dates and you can’t track with ease. When you buy a single wildcard SSL, it will cover all sub-domains under one roof. Just keep track of one SSL certificate and get rid from multiple SSL management.
- Reduce Management Cost: SSL installation process life cycle involves multiple steps like purchasing, SSL configuration, authentication and installation. Account teams take care of purchase and they spend more time for multiple purchase. Technical team takes care of SSL configuration and installation. An expert network administrator may need minimum 20 minutes for single SSL step. For say installing separate SSL on 10 sub-domains, he will have to spend around 200 minutes. While installing a wildcard SSL certificate he will require just 20 minutes and all 10 sub-domains will be secured with SSL.
- Cost Saving: Separate SSL will cost you at least $10, so when you purchase separate certificate, you will be paying $100 to secure 10 sub-domains. As wildcard SSL certificate is available at the cheapest price – just $34.00, you can save around 58%. You can configure same wildcard SSL on multiple hosting servers with NO extra cost. Moreover, you can also add unlimited sub-domains to secure under single wildcard SSL certificate.
- Ease SSL Renewal: All SSL certificates will expire someday and you will require renewing it again to keep using them. SSL renewal process is identical to new purchase where you will have to follow same steps again. Separate SSL renewal will take more time in installation and will cost more money. While, renewing a single wildcard SSL with less price, time and management that will keep all sub-domains secure.
What is wildcard SSL certificate?
Wildcard SSL is a cost saving digital certificate that can secure main domain and its same level of subdomains. Wildcard adds an asterisk (*) before main domain whereas normal or regular SSL is assigned to a specific domain name.
How do wildcard SSL certificates work?
When SSL applicant wish to go with wildcard certificate, he intends to secure main domain like *.domain.com and its same level subdomains like sub1.domain.com, sub2.domain.com, etc. A wildcard SSL can secure as many subdomains with a primary domain.
How much does a wildcard SSL certificate cost?
Wildcard certificate starts at $34.00/yr. and you can buy different brands wildcard certificates at cheapest prices from us.
What are the advantages of a wildcard SSL certificate?
Wildcard certificate comes with many advantages that makes it stand alone than other certificates. Few benefits are:
- Easy certificate management
- Cheapest price
- Unlimited subdomains security
- Multiple server flexibility
Why would you deploy a wildcard certificate?
In case, if you are having multiple subdomains and wish to find a single solution then wildcard certificate is a great choice. A single asterisk with a dot can secure unlimited subdomains and you do not need to purchase a separate SSL certificate for individual subdomain. *.mydomain.com can secure first level of subdomains like sub1.mydomain.com, sub2.mydomain.com, sub3.mydomain.com.
Can a wildcard SSL certificate secure a second-level sub-domain?
To secure second level subdomain, you need to go with multi domain wildcard where you can secure multiple wildcard domains under a single certificate. You can add asterisk before second level subdomain and secure it along with its subdomains also.
What if I want to switch my server in future?
You can install wildcard certificate on multiple servers. You can reissue the current certificate and install it on desired server easily.
What does a wildcard SSL cover?
This certificate covers all same level subdomains of a primary domain.
How do I know if my SSL certificate is wildcard?
You can check your certificate by entering domain name on SSL checker. Else, you can check in different browsers in by clicking on a padlock >> Certificate option.
Who is the cheapest wildcard SSL provider?
We at SSL2BUY are authorized reseller of many brands (like AlphaSSL, GlobalSign, RapidSSL, Comodo, GeoTrust, Thawte and Symantec) and always try to bring down the surplus margin on each SSL product by offering great discount.
If you look around, you will hardly find such competitive prices except SSL2BUY. Comparing to other providers, SSL2BUY stands alone as a cheapest wildcard SSL certificate provider in SSL industry.
How do I get a wildcard SSL certificate?
You can get cheapest wildcard cert from SSL2BUY. The price for wildcard cert starts at just $34.00/yr. and can get different brands’ wildcard certificates easily at a single platform.
Where can I buy wildcard SSL certificates?
SSL2BUY is the best place to buy wildcard certificates at cheap price. The reasons to purchase from us are: different brands, amazing product features, lowest price in the market that brings smile to every SSL seeker.
How can I generate CSR for my wildcard domain? What domain name I should use to generate the CSR?
CSR (certificate signing request) should be created from the server on which you wish to install wildcard SSL certificate. You should create CSR key for common name *.yourexampledomain.com. If your domain name is www.example.com, create CSR key for *.example.com. An asterisk (*) is required in the domain name and key size must be 2048-bits.
Why SSL2BUY offers cheap wildcard SSL certificates?
We’re authorized resellers of different leading SSL CAs and tie-up with high volume contracts. Selling out the huge volume of certificates to end customers on daily basis, make our base cost low. We keep small profit on all SSL products to offer the best possible cheapest price to our customers. We regularly announce discount offers on all different types of wildcard certificates we sell.
Our cheap wildcard SSL certificate does not negotiate or compromise SSL security. All wildcard certificates you purchase from us are 100% same as on CA website. You purchase from us, other competitors or direct CA, your certificate will be issued only by Certificate Authority.
What are benefits to purchase wildcard certificates for multiple years?
You will get heavy discount on multiple year purchases as compared to a single year price.
SSL certificate requires configuration and set up every time, no matters – renewal or new purchase. And the process will require additional efforts. If you’re sure about long-term usage, buy it for maximum years and get rid of every year renewals and installation process and to avail the cheapest price in the market.
Can I use the same wildcard certificate for different IP addresses and physical servers?
Yes, you can apply the same certificate on multiple servers and different IP addresses, if they belong to same level subdomains of the domain for which you have requested wildcard certificate. You may export SSL from one server and import it on other servers.
What domain names I can secure in wildcard certificate?
Wildcard certificates are designed to secure unlimited sub-domains, no limit. Please note that this certificate is not multi-domain SSL; it can only secure your all same level sub-domains for the root domain. You cannot secure multiple domains with a wildcard certificate.
What domain name or common name I should use for wildcard CSR key?
You should create CSR key for common name *.yourexampledomain.com. If your domain name is www.example.com, create CSR key for *.example.com. An asterisk (*) is required in the domain name and key size must be 2048-bits.
If I change hosting provider or server, do I lose my wildcard certificate?
No, you will never lose your certificate. We offer SSL reissue and rekey at free cost for unlimited time. Login your account > start support ticket > send us new server CSR key. We will reissue SSL and send new certificate.
Does wildcard SSL work for exchange servers?
Microsoft and technology specialists recommend using UCC certificates for Exchange servers. But wildcard certificates will work for some versions of exchange servers.
What types of wildcard certificates can I purchase?
You can purchase single and multi-domain wildcard certificates as per your business requirements.