Exchange Server SSL Certificates
Secure Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 / 2016
Exchange SSL certificate is an ideal solution for Microsoft exchange server, office communication server and QA testing environment. Exchange Server (2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 editions) and office communication servers are used for daily communication in businesses to stay competitive in this modern age. The transfer of sensitive information between the web clients and the server can cause a risk without a proper security. The answer to this risk is UCC SSL certificate.
A Single Security Solution for Exchange Server
UCC SSL certificate is also known as exchange server SSL certificate and the perfect security solution for Microsoft exchange that helps the client to protect ongoing server level of communication with robust encryption.
The certificate allows you to secure multiple domains and host names with a single certificate. All exchange services will have 256-bit encryption and third person would not able to sniff the ongoing communication.
Exchange Server Environment
When you install SSL certificate on below servers, it offers a strong encryption that avoids eavesdropping on ongoing communication.
- ActiveSync: Microsoft released ActiveSync, which is a mobile synchronization app. You can synchronize data with desktop PC or server. This app synchronizes contacts, calendar, contacts and MS outlook tasks. ActiveSync can transfer files to different mobile along with backup facility.
- Autodiscover: Autodiscover is a tool that permits users to configure automatically mobile device on the base of login credentials. It helps in downloading offline address book. You can set up autodiscover for your domain by creating CNAME resource record.
- Outlook Anywhere: Outlook Anywhere is a software that allows users to access corporate emails with outlook 2003, 2007, and 2010 even the outside of the corporate premise. For that, users do not need to login into a VPN. Outlook Anywhere helps exchange admin to manage the connectivity in way outsider persons access corporate exchange server.
- Outlook Web Access: Outlook Web Access previously known, as Outlook Web App is a browser based email client that allows users to access MS exchange server mailbox from any browser.
- Microsoft Lync Server: Microsoft Lync Server is known as Office Communication server offers IM (instant message), VOIP, ad hoc, audio and video conference as well telephony solution using several domains.
How UCC SSL works in Exchange Server?
Unified Communications certificate is built specifically for the Microsoft Exchange and Office Communication Server environments. An enterprise can get UCC SSL certificate for multiple ways that MS Exchange is accessed. Autodiscover, web services, OWA, ActiveSync, Outlook email all these should be conveyed in a secured environment.
UCC SSL certificate allows strongest SHA 2 algorithm to transmitting emails on the exchange server as well authenticate the connecting device and exchange server during the exchange of the information. When you use UCC SSL certificate, you can do following tasks:
- Can connect to the exchange server via browser in a secure environment with Outlook Web Access.
- Use Microsoft Outlook using Outlook Anywhere with better protection.
- Mobile device users can connect to the exchange via ActiveSync to synchronize data and receive/send emails securely.
UCC SSL certificate fulfills need of low admin expense and provides rich environment between the server to server and client to server communication.
Secure Microsoft Exchange Server with Exchange SSL Certificate
Exchange SSL certificate is ideal for Microsoft Exchange server 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 versions, SharePoint, Lync server and office communication server. The certificate provides a secure environment and is compatible with 99.9% email clients and web browsers.
SSL Certificate Guide for Microsoft Exchange 2016
Microsoft announced exchange 2016 service in 2015 year which came with few changes compare to previous editions like office 365 hybrid, outlook on the web, DLP and archiving, SHA-2 compliant, additional language support. UCC is helpful to give safe experience with encrypted communication. Refer CSR generation and SSL installation guide stated as under.
SSL Certificate Guide for Microsoft Exchange 2013
Microsoft Exchange 2013 allows offline support in OWA, better indexing and searching experience with exchange managed store, data loss prevention, exchange administration center. You can install Exchange SSL certificate for several host names for this service. For that, go through the below guidelines.
SSL Certificate Guide for Microsoft Exchange 2010
Microsoft Exchange 2010 was publicly available in 2009 year that brought novel features like client access server, ability to combine mailbox server with client access server, personal archive and many other feature. UCC SSL certificate is ideal for exchange 2010 for secured connection.
SSL Certificate Guide for Microsoft Exchange 2007
Microsoft Exchange 2007 server is an advance version of exchange server that is able to split functions of exchange server to ease management functions and increase performance. You can install Exchange SSL certificate with CSR generation by following below guideline.
SSL Certificate Guide for Microsoft Exchange 2003
Microsoft Exchange (MS Exchange) 2003 requires SSL certificate for secured communication between two ends (server-server or client- server). MS exchange comes with new features like connection filtering, receipt filtering. It is useful in large enterprises for distributed exchange server environments.