GlobalSCAPE’s Enhanced File Transfer (EFT) Server is a managed file transfer (MFT) solution that enables secure data transmission over Standard Internet Protocols. This information is channelized between business partners, clients, etc. In this article, we would like to know you about installation of SSL certificate on Globalscape EFT FTP server.
Download the Root and Intermediate files
Before starting installation, you need to get zip file sent from SSL provider, extract it and copy each certificate in notepad. The zip file contains main, root and intermediate certificate. When you copy the certificate, it will look as below.
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- (Your Certificate) -----END CERTIFICATE----- -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- (Intermediate Certificate) -----END CERTIFICATE----- -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- (Root certificate) -----END CERTIFICATE-----
Once you copy the certificates in above orders, save a single file with name certificate.crt.
Install SSL on Globalscape EFT FTP server
- Under EFT Administrator, you should try to connect to EFT Server then, click the Server tab.
- In the left navigation menu, browse the site you want to configure.
- Now, In the right navigation menu, click the Connection Options
- You should now choose Allow explicit FTPS/SSL connectioncheck box or Allow implicit FTPS/SSL connection check box or both.
- Select the certificate file with a click on Browse (folder icon) next to Certificate file path.
Note: The certificate file is a single bundle file mentioned on Step 1 (e.g., certificate.crt).
- After that, select the private with a click on Browse (folder icon) next to the Private Key file path. (Use passphrase if you mentioned while creating the certificate)
- Click Apply to save the changes on EFT Server.
Check SSL Installation:
Once the certificate is installed, you can try SSL checker that will give you insight of certificate like issue to, issued from, certificate validity, certificate authority name, certificate name, etc.