GlobalSign EV SSL vs. DigiCert EV SSL : Check out features, similarities, and differences about GlobalSign EV SSL and DigiCert EV SSL
EV (Extended Validation) SSL certificates are a true mark of online security, especially when you consider GlobalSign EV SSL and DigiCert EV SSL. This article will discuss the similarities and differences between the GlobalSign EV SSL certificate and DigiCert Secure Site EV SSL certificate to guide users searching for high security and strong business validation.
|Product Name||GlobalSign EV SSL Certificate||DigiCert Secure Site EV SSL (FLEX)|
|Algorithm||SHA-2 Enabled||SHA-2 Enabled|
|Search Engine Visibility||SSL will boost Google rankings||SSL will boost Google rankings|
|Validation Type||Extended Validation - EV||Extended Validation - EV|
|Issuance Time||5 - 15 Business Days||5 - 15 Business Days|
|Domains Secured||FQDN (www+non-www)||FQDN (www+non-www)|
|SSL Encryption||Up to 256-bit||Up to 256-bit|
|Mobile & smartphone support||99%||99%|
|Client OS compatibility||99%||99%|
|Includes Malware Scan|
|Includes Trust Seal|
|Reissuance||Unlimited during certificate lifespan||Unlimited during certificate lifespan|
|Warranty||$1,500,000 USD||$1.75 Million USD|
|Refund Policy||30 days full money back||30 days full money back|
What is GlobalSign EV SSL?
GlobalSign EV SSL Certificate is a premium choice for those site holders that need the highest validation along with the robust algorithm to fend off eavesdropping and phishing activities. GlobalSign Extended Validation SSL certificate adds credibility to the website that keeps your visitors retain with the site, and visitors get an instant assurance about the site’s legitimacy.
The website will have a strong impression on visitors’ psychology when they see a company name visible with a single click on a secured padlock. EV SSL certificate confirms a company’s legal, operational, and physical existence by verifying government registered documents and third-party business directories sources. The certificate comes with numerous advantages that lure users to grab this EV SSL certificate.
What is DigiCert EV SSL?
DigiCert EV SSL is another well-known website security that puts your site ahead of competitors. Being a renowned global SSL provider, DigiCert offers a DigiCert EV SSL Certificate in the EV SSL series. Banking, financial institutions, ecommerce websites mostly need strong protection as millions of people to rely on such site’s authenticity, and DigiCert EV SSL proves to be a real gem in providing strong encryption.
The certificate puts up online security, data integrity, and data privacy; DigiCert Secure Site EV SSL offers a seamless and secured browsing experience without any SSL errors. Visitors can trust such EV SSL certificates that are made to take care of customers’ security and data confidentiality.
Similarities Between GlobalSign EV SSL and DigiCert EV SSL
There are Few similarities in GlobalSign EV SSL certificate and DigiCert EV SSL certificate which challenges SSL seeker to choose an ideal EV SSL certificate between them.
- Encryption: Both GlobalSign EV SSL certificate and DigiCert EV SSL offers the modern algorithm suggested by the CA/browser forum and the NIST institution. Each data is bound with robust 256-bit encryption that keeps cyber culprits away from the data string.
- Strong Key: A 2048-bit public key encryption is used to ensure that EV certificates from both authorities have a strong foundation. Users can entirely rely on the certificate and make it impossible for cyber thieves to sniff ongoing data between the server and the users.
- Phishing Protection: DigiCert and GlobalSign are well known for averting phishing and MiTM attacks. Both extended validation SSL decreases the chances of a phishing attack and man-in-the-middle attack by confirming the domain name and business existence. Users can easily identify real and fake sites. Cyber thieves cannot even listen to ongoing communication between the server and the user.
- Search Ranking: After initiative from Google regarding HTTPS, GlobalSign and DigiCert have taken it seriously, and their Extended Validation SSL certificates help site holders to get their site ahead of rivals in search engine. A boosted ranking leads a business to more conversions soon.
- Company Identity: The certificate authority checks company’s legal and physical documents to prove it’s existence. Once the certificate is issued, visitors can click on a padlock to see the real and verified company’s name.
- Validation: Both GlobalSign and DigiCert authorities offer the highest validation while issuing a certificate. Extended validation is a bit higher than domain and organization validation and takes 4-5 days in the issuance.
- Browser Support: Users will not find any SSL warning while browsing the website. The certificates support more than 99% browser, and almost all OS and servers are compatible with these certificates.
Differences Between GlobalSign EV SSL and DigiCert EV SSL
Besides similarities, few differences make both GlobalSign EV SSL and DigiCert EV SSL stand apart. You can check as follows:
|Parameters||GlobalSign EV SSL||DigiCert EV SSL|
|Secure Site Seal||GlobalSign EV SSL offers a secured site seal. It does not provide a Seal-in-Search feature.||DigiCert Secure Site EV SSL offers a Norton Secured Site Seal that allows Seal-in-Search feature. Visitors to identify the authenticated site in search engines.|
|SAN Support||This EV certificate does not support additional SAN as it is a single domain SSL.||This EV certificate does support up to 100 additional SANs and can be added during the certificate’s lifecycle.|
|Malware Scanning||The certificate does not offer daily malware scanning to keep the website clean from malware and vulnerability testing.||The certificate offers daily malware scanning vulnerability testing as well.|
|Multi Domains Installation||The certificate is not useful when you wish to secure multiple domains.||The certificate is useful when you wish to secure multiple domains in a single certificate due to the SAN advantage.|
|Cost-effectiveness||In securing multi-domains, the certificate seems costly as you need to purchase an individual certificate to secure each SAN.||In securing multiple domains, this EV certificate seems cost-effective as all required SANs will be covered under a single certificate.|
|Warranty||$1.5 Million USD||$1.75 Million USD|
|Price||GlobalSign EV SSL is the lowest cost certificate compare to DigiCert EV SSL as it cost $343.20 for a single domain.||DigiCert EV SSL will cost $504/yr. But it comes with an additional SAN feature to save the extra cost.|
Extended Validation SSL certificates are useful for ecommerce, payment processors, and financial institutions where a high volume of online transactions are taking place each day. Above discussed EV SSL certificates are well-reputed, and branded certificates are designed to minimize the rising phishing and other data sniffing activities and provide robust encryption to the website. It entirely depends on the site’s requirement, domain structure, and the budget to choose between GlobalSign EV SSL and DigiCert EV SSL Certificate.