To activate your SSL certificate, it is essential to have private key and certificate signing request (CSR). Here at we are explaining step-by-step instructions to generate private key and CSR in cPanel.
Generate Private Key in cPanel
- Login in to the Control Panel.
- Go to “SECURITY” section and click on “SSL/TLS”.
- Under “Private Key (KEY)”, click on the link, “Generate, view, upload, or delete your private keys”.
- Choose Key Size as “2048-bits” and type your domain name (i.e. – example.tld) in the “Description” field.
- Click on “Generate” button.
- Now a generated private key is stored on your server.
Generate Certificate Signing Request (CSR) in cPanel
- Go back to “SECURITY” section and click on “SSL/TLS” again.
- Under “Certificate Signing Requests (CSR)”, click on the link, “Generate, view, or delete SSL certificate signing requests”.
- Please fill out the CSR form correctly and press the “Generate” button.
- Copy and paste generated CSR content (including
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST----- and -----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----) in the notepad and save it. It will be required during SSL order process.