In the previous article, we discussed about CSR generation on Zeus web server. Now, in this useful article, we will go through SSL installation instruction on Zeus web server.
- Generally, certificate authority sends zip file containing 3 files.
- yourdomain certificate
- Intermediate CA certificate
- Root certificate
You have to store zip file on your server and extract files.
- Open a text editor, copy and paste the certificate including Begin and End tag that will look like this.
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- (Your Site Certificate Encoded Text) -----END CERTIFICATE----- -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- (Intermediate CA Encoded Text) -----END CERTIFICATE----- -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- (Root Encoded Text) -----END CERTIFICATE-----
- Now, login to the web server and on the left menu select SSL certificate.
- On right side, Under Certificate Set, choose Generate CSR or Replace certificate.
- You will have to copy the text from the text editor and paste it into Signed Certificate box. Now click on OK.
- Under Verifying the New certificate title, click on “Accept this certificate” button.
- Your SSL certificate is set, but you need to assign it to the website. Click on Home link on the left side.
- On right side, under Virtual server status, tick the box against virtual server for configuration and click on Configure button.
- You will have a screen, which show configuration summary, where you need to click on SSL enabled.
- Next, pick SSL is enabled option and below select an SSL certificate set to use from drop down menu.
- Apply changes and restart the web server.
SSL Installation Checker:
It is wise to check SSL installation with SSL installation checker otherwise, it can cause error while browsing the website. SSL2BUY always takes care of throughout SSL process from order to installation and therefore, brings SSL installation checker. You just need to enter domain name and check the installation status. It will give detailed information about your SSL certificate.