Before installing SSL, it is quite necessary to generate the CSR on Juniper NetScreen server. For that, you should follow below procedure.
Note: The process of CSR generation is for NetScreen OS 4.0, 5.0 and 6.0 versions.
- Open the WebUI application.
- Browse Option menu >> Configuration >> Date & time.
- Now, click on “Sync Clock with Client”.
- Make sure that “Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings changes” option is enabled and click on Yes button.
- Under options menu, browse Network>>DNS.
- You will see a screen; provide the Host name and Domain name, after that click on Apply button.
- Again go to the menu and browse Objects >> Certificates.
- Click on New button.
- You will get a form in which you have to fill fields (Name, phone, state, country, etc.) and click on Generate button..
- Your CSR is now generated, save it as a text file.
You need to submit CSR file during order an SSL certificate, certificate authority will verify the information before issuing your certificate and send the certificate via email. After receiving the certificate, you should install SSL on Juniper Network.